Gifted and Talented is a district program for third through fifth grade students who are eligible for accelerated learning. Students are nominated by their teachers and chosen for the program based on test scores.
OPEN HOUSE FOR PARENTS OF ALL STUDENTS IN THE GIFTED/TALENTED PROGRAM, WILL BE HELD AT Kaiser Elementary on Thursday, September 29, 2016, from 6:30-7:30 in the Cafeteria.
• Classes begin at 9:00. Dismissal at 2:15 Students should be ready for bus by 8:40. All P.C. supplies should stay in their backpacks.
• Lunch 11:30-12:00 Cost and choices same as home school. Students may bring a healthy snack to eat.
• Refer to your calendar to note many class day changes around holiday breaks and testing periods. These dates will continue to change in winter and spring.
• Sign up for REMIND on your phone to keep updated with changes and to receive reminders. An information sheet is in the packets at Open House.
• Parent Teacher Conferences: I do not make appointments, as the time is limited for the number of students. If you wish to meet with me, please limit to a 10 minute conference. I will be at Kaiser School during all elementary conference times.
December 15 (evening)
December 16 (afternoon)
March 23 (evening)
March 24 (afternoon)
• Students should bring folders and books home after each class. Folders should be returned with pocket labeled Done empty. Please go through notes with your child. Ongoing projects are stored in the classroom.
• Volunteers are welcomed and encouraged to get involved! Be a guest speaker, or accompany a guest speaker to our class. Chaperone a trip. Help plan for your student’s Math, Science. Technology Fair. Plan a Fundraiser for our program.. Be an advocate for your child and for our Gifted and Talented Program! Forms are available at Open House.
• All schools will participate in a Math, Science and Technology Fairs in March.
Tuesday, March 28-Fountain and Huron Park at Fountain
Wednesday, March 29- Steenland at Steenland
Thursday, March 30- Kment and Patton at Kment
Friday, March 31- Dort and Kaiser at Kaiser
• Field trip information to MI Science Center on December 8, 2016 . All students are encouraged to participate. Notes will be in Open House Packets
18975 Church Street
Roseville, MI 48066